Tuesday, March 1, 2011

AJ Stephans Birch Beer


AJ STEPHANS BIRCH BEER
Boston, 12 oz, 43g cane sugar
Aroma: See below
Color: Clear
Taste: ??
Eaten with: taquitos, taco soup RECIPE HERE

His reaction: I had no idea what birch beer was but assumed it would be somewhat like root beer. I was surprised when I poured out a clear liquid:

 Kinda like a New York Seltzer

It had a loud pop to it, like a seven-up would have. My immediate reaction to it before I started drinking was how great it smelled. It had a strong sarsaparilla type smell, with a sort of lickerish aroma. The flavor wasn't as surprising. It had a dry, sweet taste. It had a slightly vanilla taste and was vaguely like root beer. In all, it didn't really wow me as much as I had hoped.

Mrs. Fizz's reaction: She commented that it tasted like a clear root beer, which she liked. It reminded her of a vanilla cream soda. She said that the smell/taste was almost like liking a postage stamp or sealed envelope, but in a good way. Huh?

But in a good way

Dr Fizz: Overall, I was disappointed by the first selection. But boy did it smell good. I wish things like shampoo smelled like this
Rating: 6/10


Mrs. Fizz: This is probably the best clear drink I've ever had. Amen.
Rating: 8/10

1 comment:

  1. The owner of the shop said it's supposed to taste like a christmas tree

    ReplyDelete